Camping pranks can be fun since you’re in close quarters and often with a big group of people. We walk you through the best pranks you can play while camping.
Make any camping trip memorable by playing a few fun and harmless pranks on your fellow campers. Check out these popular fireside pranks guaranteed to add a little excitement to your trip.
Easy Camping Pranks and Jokes
Many camping tricks are best played when the victim is asleep. You can get away with a lot, and when your friend awakes, they will find themselves at the center of a joke.
- Tent prank. Use a plastic zip tie to trap your friends inside their tent. Simply attach the zip tie to the zipper and prevent them from unzipping from their tent. This prank is great for laughs and will lighten up any camp site.
- Megaphone prank. Simply pack a megaphone and give the unsuspecting campers a rude awakening. Regardless if it was a late night drinking or singing prayers, you can wake everyone with a megaphone.
- Sock trick. To execute this prank, cut off the end of someone’s socks, so that when they go to put them on the socks will reach their knees. This is a great first day prank and really sets the mood for later pranks. If you know someone who is OCD about his or her hygiene, then this is the prank for you.
- Painting the face. Why should you bring extra makeup on a camping trip? It’s simple, to paint your friend’s face after they pass out. In addition to the makeup, be sure to bring a camera to capture the unsuspecting campers reaction.
- Duct tape trick. Duct tape someone’s arms and legs together once the person is asleep and wrap them in duct tape and tape their arms to their body. Secondly, tape their legs together so they cannot move. This is an easy but effective trick and great for a morning laugh to take the edge off any hangover.
Snipe Hunt Camping Joke
Snipe hunts are one of the best camping pranks if you have a friend who doesn’t know that creatures called “snipes” don’t exist. Take the person into the woods with a pillowcase and some marshmallows. Next, send your fellow campers into the woods to make animal noises. Have the unsuspecting person go deep into the woods and surround the area with marshmallows. Leave them there and wait to laugh when they come back hours later, if they come back at all.
Camping Gags for Younger Kids
You are never too young to start playing pranks. For the unsuspecting youngsters, here are the best approved for people of all ages:
Rubber snake: Following a night of scary stories, sneak into your friends tent and place a rubber snake under their pillow. These pranks will surly result in some shrieks.
- Shoe trick: Tie your friend’s shoes together while he or she is wearing them. If you can’t get to their shoes while they are wearing them, wait for them to take them off and fill them with rocks.
- Tree trick: When it’s dark and everyone is getting ready for bed, jump out behind a tree and scare your fellow campers.