Looking for funny pranks to do at home? This list covers bathroom pranks, kitchen pranks, and other places where you can pull a trick on your family and friends.
Looking to provoke a sibling rivalry or shock and unsuspecting houseguest? House pranks are the perfect opportunity to play a practical joke.
Considering the vast real estate of a house, there are a several types of pranks you can play in a house.
Funny Pranks to do at Home
Looking to spook someone in a kitchen with funny pranks to do at home? Check out these kitchen pranks:
- Kitchen scavenger hunt: Remove your family’s favorite kitchen items and hide them around the house. Leave notes in place of the item and send your loved ones on a search for their prized appliance or utensil.
- Egg gag: When the house is empty, boil all of the eggs in the carton. Place the hard boiled eggs back in the carton. When someone cracks an egg, he or she will be greeted with and unpleasant surprise.
- Exploding condiment prank: You finally have a use for the condiment packages left over from takeout orders. Simply, take the packets and hide them in the microwave. Next time someone warms up food, they will encounter a messy explosion of sauce.
- Label gag: Remove the labels from the food in the pantry and refrigerator. Beware: if you eat from the same kitchen you pull this gag on, you should be prepared for a few mystery meals.
Best Bathroom Pranks at Home
Bathroom pranks are another good way to play funny pranks on people in a house. Bathroom pranks are classic jokes guaranteed to be hilarious since toilet humor is naturally funny. Try any of these for a laugh.
- Shower nozzle prank: Turn the shower nozzle so it faces outward next time you are in someone’s bathroom. If they are one of the many people who turn the shower on before jumping in the tub, they will be greeted with a blast of water in their face.
- Grease the toilet seat: For a slippery surprise, leave a thin layer of Vaseline on the toilet seat for the next occupant.
- Hot seat: Leave a fiery surprise for someone by spreading Icy Hot or hot sauce on the toilet seat.
General House Pranks
Most of the top pranks can be pulled off in any location in the house. The following are some of the best general pranks to pull in a home:
- Critter in the bed or couch: Hide a fake snake or rat in the sheets of your subject’s bed. You will surely hear shrieks when they crawl in bed or sit on the sofa and find the critter waiting.
- Ceiling fan gag: Sprinkle glitter or flour on top of a ceiling fan. When someone turns the fan on, the room will be coated in the unwanted material.
- “Hot” cookie trick: Bake a dozen of cookies with hot chilies cooked into them. Place them in the kitchen or living room with a sign that says “hot cookies.” Sit back and wait for the consumers hilarious reactions.